1. A performance by Aavartan-Dance Club with an objective to bring into light the realms of the status of women in society and at the same time the role played by a modern woman in upbringing herself as well as the entire society. The performance showed all the dimensions of the world's perception of women and her battle with the victory over such orthodox, prejudiced norms, through dance.
2. On October 7, 2015 Women Cell organized a “Menstrual Hygiene Drive” for the lady laborers/workers in the campus and women from rural backgrounds. Along with the student volunteers, Dr. Sangeeta Pandit, Prof. Aparajita Ojha, Prof. Tanuja Sheorey Dean (students), and Dr. Pritee Khanna Chairperson women cell were present at the occasion and took initiative to explain the importance of menstrual hygiene. To raise the awareness, sanitary pads were distributed to them. The ladies were accompanied by their wards also. Different activities were organized by students to engage them and the response was very much encouraging. The program ends with the commitment to hold another such session before Diwali.
3. A discussion held on October 8, 2015 with female colleagues about different issues related to a healthy work environment at our institute.
4. A discussion with female PG students on October 30, 2015 to raise awareness towards washroom cleanliness.
5. Visit to campus construction site (in continuation to “Menstrual Hygiene Drive” held on October 7, 2015)
Any member of the Cell may be contacted regarding any issue of gender discrimination or other activities of the Cell. You may also write to us on womencell[at]iiitdmj.ac.in
Dr. Sangeeta Pandit, MemberEmail: s.pandit[at]iiitdmj.ac.in
Shri Naresh Joshi, MemberEmail: nareshjoshi[at]iiitdmj.ac.in
Dr. Pritee Khanna, ChairpersonEmail: pkhanna[at]iiitdmj.ac.in